Took very bright son to Sylvan for enrichment in math.Took assessment.

He did well beyond grade placement in everything. Of course, they claimed he was "behind" in various areas?! Tried to sell me this "package" that would have been several thousand dollars. Refused.

Simply requested some enrichment to review math from the previous year and then get started on next grade level math. Didn't happen. Reviewed, reviewed. My son was bored out of his mind.

Absolute waste of time and money. Absolutely ridiculous. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE.

They'll rip you off -- take your money and then not deliver what they promise.

Had an Experience with Sylvan Learning Center?

Comments

We had the EXACT same experience.Paid a LOT of money for specific summer tutoring to get our 7th grader (who is an A math student) ahead of the curve in Algebra so he'd be ready for it in 8th.

They would NOT give my son Algebra work despite several requests to do so by both us and our son. These people don't listen to what you want. They generate some canned program and stuff your kid into it even if it's not what you ask for and are paying for.

Stay clear of Sylvan.I'm working on getting the unused portion of our tuition returned and at least a partial refund because we did not get what we paid for, but crickets from the administrator of our local "learning center".

Hi Mickeykelly,

We are sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience with Sylvan Learning. We do not have the details on your particular issue. However, we would like to learn more about the issues addressed in your post. At your convenience, please contact our center directly or call our support team at 800-394-8353.

Sylvan Learning Center