Wellington, Kansas
1K views
1.8
Additional Fees
Equipment Quality

Today I visited the Sylvan Learning Center/ Praxis Testing Site at 21st and Woodlawn in Wichita, KS. It was my 4th time testing at the center for various teaching certifications and, as usual, the experience was absolutely horrible.

When I arrived, the two women in the waiting area were already near tears because of the tongue-lashing they'd already gotten from the evil blonde front desk attendant who makes every visit a misery. Though I didn't know these women, they were so upset that they proceeded to fill me in on Blondie's abusive behavior while we waited. They even said that instructors in their WSU counseling program had warned them not to be rattled by the epic rudeness of the Sylvan staff. This center takes testing security seriously to the point of ridiculousness, and Blondie seemed to relish searching me, making me turn out my pockets, pull up my pant legs, and remove my reading glasses from my head because apparently, she suspected me of using high-tech mirrored lenses to cheat off my neighbors.

Throughout this ordeal, she kept up a barrage of belittling, sarcastic comments that made me so angry that I had trouble focusing on my test and instead, spent my time wondering whom I could complain to about this wretched woman. Please, somebody, fire this beast and free her to go pursue her true calling as an abusive prison matron somewhere.

If you're at all a nervous tester, DONT GO HERE! Make the drive to another center, even if you have to play for a hotel stay, because this situation is the ultimate stressful testing environment!

JC69 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sylvan Learning Center. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sylvan Learning Center to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sylvan Learning Center and sylvan learning center customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

First off, the "lady" that you are referring to is no longer there. Secondly, the company that you have been complaining about is Prometric, NOT Sylvan; get your facts straight.

Both companies shared an office/building at the time you were there. There is now new ownership, and they are operating at a different location.

Thirdly, the security measures that you went through are mandated by the client (in your case, ETS). These security checks are there to help keep the integrity of the tests. They were not done just to *** YOU off.

You are not so important that you were the only person that was required to turn your pockets out, and pull-up your pant-legs.

Everyone has to go through the routine. I think you need to deal with YOUR anger issues.

to dude #1379647

Clearly written by one of the hateful psychos who work there...^^^

to Anonymous #1421144

I believe you are correct. DUDE has some issues to deal with.

I went through the same ordeal in Texas.

Very rude staff and ignorant staff in general. You would think that these people would have some education before trying to continue there carrer as a teacher.

to Me #1421185

Yeah, it's just really upsetting to be scolded and degraded when you're already stressed and nervous about testing. I've tested at other sites and the staff members have managed to follow security protocol while still being kind.